[x264-devel] SVC support
Stas Oskin
2008-10-04 13:39:56 UTC
Hi.

Any idea if SVC support is planned for x.264?

Regards.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hello,
Post by Stas Oskin
Hi.
Any idea if SVC support is planned for x.264?
Pretty much nothing is planned in the OpenSource world: anyone who
wants something done either gets the work done themselves, or sponsor
an existing developer to get the job done.
SVC isn't a simple task, so I imagine it'll take time before someone
gets it to work.

Guillaume
--
One should not give up hope on imbeciles. With a little training, you
can make them into soldiers.
-- Pierre Desproges
cheng
2008-10-04 17:35:12 UTC
hi all
my name is Norman and I am new to the e-mail alias.
I current working in a "big" company with some video stuff.
I am planning to extend the x264 to support the SVC.
and again this is not a easy task ( there is a whole company implement
the SVC spec. )
it will move slowly

thanks
norman
Post by Guillaume POIRIER
Pretty much nothing is planned in the OpenSource world: anyone who
wants something done either gets the work done themselves, or sponsor
an existing developer to get the job done.
SVC isn't a simple task, so I imagine it'll take time before someone
gets it to work.
This isn't entirely true; I can make quite a list of things that were
planned, and then got done (or list things now that are planned, and
will get done).

But SVC isn't on that list, because I don't care about it, nor does
Loren, as far as I know, so given Newton's First Law ("objects at rest
tend to stay at rest"), it will take an external force to cause either
of us to work on it ;)

Dark Shikari